I have been all kinds of M.I.A. this week here at SOF. Have I been busy? Um, a little but not any more than in a typical week. To be honest, I just haven’t really had anything worth talking about! For someone who never shuts up, that is pretty monumental.
So instead of an insightful, interesting post, today you are getting a random Thursday Thoughts post.
Um wait, do I ever having anything insightful or interesting to say?! Please don’t answer that question. My mom thinks I am interesting. Right, Mom? Right?
Today’s thoughts are brought to you by the letter S:
- Schwaggle Socks: Yesterday morning, I got an email from Schwaggle (Active.com‘s “deal” site) and the daily deal was for The Recovery Sock Compression Socks for 2 pair for $42 plus free shipping. Since we all know compression socks are typically ridiculously expensive, I was ALL OVER that. I own one pair (in neon pink!) from Zensah and I love them, but they are a little short and I could use another pair. I bought the deal right there from my iPhone and tried all day yesterday to order my socks. I kept getting an error message on the Recovery Sock’s website. I was a little skeptical of my “deal” at the time, but I logged in this morning and ordered my socks successfully!
- Speedwork: After last week’s crappy performance and the pity party that followed, I came back this week ready to redeem myself. By some evil coincidence, the speed workout that was on the schedule was almost identical to the one that resulted in the first speedwork fail of this training cycle. 3×1 mile repeats @ 7:03 w/400 m rest. Fortunately this time I had my secret weapon (better known as the best-running-partner-ever). We equally share in our fear of this workout, but doing it together proved to make a big difference and we hit the intervals at 7:03, 6:58 and 7:00. For all you fast people out there, we commented at the end that we have no idea how you can run a whole marathon at that pace!
- Schnoodles: Brad has been in training in Peoria all week this week, so I have had a lot of quality time with the boys. The have been to Camp Bow Wow a few days and they come home exhausted! The best part about that? Lots of cuddling!
- Shorts (and long sleeves): This has been my running attire all week. It is great! It’s December and we have had absolutely perfect (running) weather. It might rain tomorrow then cool down to high’s of 50’s for the weekend, but this weather is why I love living in South Carolina!
- Santa: Brad and I will be leaving Saturday for good ole’ Tejas and 2 weeks of family time (+ a short trip to see my best friend in AZ). So similar to Beth, we will be celebrating our little family Christmas tomorrow night. (But without the awesome doggy apparel!)
We do most of our shopping on-line and as a result packages have awaited me daily when I arrive home from work. It is like Santa has visited everyday this week! Brad tells me not to read the return labels of packages, but I couldn’t help but notice a box from Pearl Izumi arrived for him on Tuesday 🙂 Biking gear?!
I hope everyone is having a great week! I am in a countdown…1.068594 working days left until 2 weeks vacation!