Tomorrow I will go into depth about my goals for 2012, but as I started putting those together, I got caught up in one of my primary goals. To RACE. And race a lot. (Well, a lot for me :)) So I thought I would go ahead and put together my race calendar first and address my goals later. Backwards? Yes. Do I care? No.
The good news is that I have FREE ENTRIES into all of the triathlons in the Y Tri Series, because I placed first in the series last year. While these races are small (hence me being the overall winner), they are fun and laid back and they will make up the majority of my tri’s this summer. Then I will spend the early spring and fall running!
Here is the (tentative) schedule for 2012:
- January 15 – Houston Marathon. No details needed.
- February – My February race is still a little up in the air. Originally I planned to do the Green Valley 10-Miler. This is a race I have volunteered at (after I broke my shoulder in 2010) but somehow managed to be out of town for every other year we have lived in Greenville. I have run the course a number of times and it is tough, but since I have never run a 10-miler, it would be an automatic PR. For some unknown (to me) reason, the race organizers recently CHANGED THE DATE of the race! So now the race is on a weekend I will be traveling for work. Hmmph. I am now considering this 5k in Columbia, on February 11th, but I am not sure I want to drive an hour to run a 5k. Maybe if Lindsey wants to run though?!?!
- March – So kind of like I have never done the Green Valley Race. I have ALWAYS run the Reedy River 10k. It is my favorite race and the only 10k race I have ever done. I was hoping to break 45:00 on this tough course this year, BUT I will be funning and sunning in Jupiter, FL that weekend for a dear friend’s bachelorette party. My target race for March (that I have not yet registered for) is the inaugural GHS Centennial Half Marathon on March 10. It is being touted as “flat and fast” (um, in Greenville?!) because of its net elevation loss.
- April 14 – Come See Me Super Sprint Triathlon in Rock Hill, SC. I have no idea what a super sprint is since the distances are not posted yet.
- May 5 – Tri the Rock Sprint Triathlon in Rock Hill, SC
- June 9 – Sunrise Run 8K in Simpsonville, SC. This is another race where I have run the course tons of times but managed to be gone every year on the date of the race. Crossing my fingers it works outs this time! And June 30 – Y Dam Tri Sprint in Hartwell, GA.
- July 28 – Tom Hoskins Memorial Sprint Triathlon in Columbia, SC.
Everything in the schedule beyond July is subject to change based on the tiniest chance that I get into the INGNYC Marathon. I registered and am crossing my fingers that I am part of the ~8-12% of non-NYC area, U.S. residents that get a non-guaranteed entry.
- August 4 – Lake Logan International Triathlon in Canton, NC & August 25 – Tri Toccoa YMCA Olympic Triathlon in Toccoa, GA
- September – Still undetermined. Maybe The Dam Tri at Lake Murray on the 30th? Or the Tri at Baxter in Fort Mill, SC on a TBD in September?
- October 27 – Sphinx Run Fest 1/2 Marathon. Ran in as my first “real” half in 2008, but the date was moved back a week and always overlapped with a work trip after that. Now that I have switched positions, I am looking forward to running a race that runs a block from my house!
- November 4 – Fingers crossed for NYC Marathon!! Also might look into this Turkey Trot in Houston since I will be there for Thanksgiving.
- December 15 – Greenville Santa Run 8K. I have always wanted to do a Santa Run and wear fun Christmas socks. This is the year!
Whew! I am tired already! But super excited about all the fun races on the calendar. I am sure there will be a number of things that change based on trips that come up and races missed, but I still hope to get at least 12 races in the books for 2012!