After debating, then posting a 2-week workout log for the first time 2 weeks ago, I decided that this is definitely a good exercise (no pun intended) for me. I found that not only do I use this for tracking workouts, but at the beginning of the week, I also used this for planning workouts. After having a pretty strict running/training schedule for so long, the best way for me to not skip workouts is to have some accountability in my planning. I am more likely to follow through if I plan ahead for the week, than if I just wake up and decide what to do that day.
I am pretty happy with my recovery and how I have been able to build my running back up, along with some quality cross training, but disappointed that the shoulder is still sore. I am calling tomorrow to see if I can get an appointment with the ortho that treated me when I broke my shoulder. He is at Steadman Hawkins, which is a very well-known orthopedic/sports medicine clinic here in Greenville. I have to admit, I didn’t think the guy was all that personable and he definitely wasn’t all about getting to know me as a patient. It was all business. But he is a runner/cyclist and fully understands the desire to want to get back to doing what I love quickly and that is what is most important.
January 30 – February 5
- Monday – 5.08 mile run w/Char (8:35 min/mile)
- Tuesday –
5:45 a.m. SpinBodyAttack after work
- Wednesday – OFF
- Thursday – 7 miles w/speedwork (at tempo pace): 2 mile w/up, Speed: 400, 800, 1200, 800, 400, w/400 m rest intervals, 2 miles c/d (8:35 min/mile overall)
- Friday – 35 minutes elliptical + 25 minutes elliptical & abs/core (double day!)
- Saturday – 8 miles in Palm Beach (8:11 min/mile)
- Sunday – OFF
- Run = 20.08 miles (hit the on-going off-season goal!)
- Swim = 0 yds. (still nursing the shoulder)
- Bike = 0 miles (darn traveling – and the weather was so beautiful at home too!)
February 6 – 12
- Monday – 5.06 mile run with Walter – 8:06 min/mile overall pace: w/u, 3 miles at “tempo”: 8:05, 7:57, 7:45, c/d – Walter did great & even kept up well on the fast miles!
- Tuesday – BodyAttack – yes I obviously still have not made a gym decision
- Wednesday – Greenville Track Club Track workout! 5.76 miles w/400, 2×800, 400, 800, 400 (8:15 min/mile overall pace)
- Thursday –
Master’s SwimOFF 😦
- Friday – 5:30 a.m. Spinning – 24.5 miles
- Saturday – 9.61 miles w/Char and Jesse at Furman (8:44) – hilly & fun!
- Sunday – 1:45 p.m. Spinning – 23.5 miles + some power shopping for a fun bachelorette party coming up!
- Run = 20.53 miles
- Swim = 0 yds.
- Bike = 47.8 miles (almost to the goal of 50/week!) – although I know that spinning bike mileage is higher than actual