February 27 – March 4
Despite 3 days off in the middle, this was a great two weeks of workouts! I FINALLY got back to the pool and fit some good bike/spin miles in and of course, ran the 1/2 marathon yesterday!
- Monday – 5:15 a.m. Spin Class 23.4 miles – Not crazy about this instructor at all!
- Tuesday – 7 mile run w/Char (8:38 min/mile) – Started slow with her dog, Callie, then picked it up to solid marathon-pace for the last 5 miles
- Wednesday – Track Workout w/Greenville Track Club: 5 miles (8:15 min/mile) 1 mile w/up, 1×400, 3×800, 1×400, 1 mile c/d, w/400 m rest intervals
- Thursday – 5:30 a.m. Swim – Easy 2200 yds.
- Friday – 6 mile run: 5 mile progression run + 1 mile c/d (7:53 min/mile) & paddle boarding!
- Saturday – OFF: long walk on the beach + lots of dancing!
- Sunday – OFF – travel home from Jupiter
- Run = 18 miles
- Swim = 2200 yds. (YAAAAY!!)
- Bike = 23.4 miles
March 5 – 11
- Monday –
Master’s Swim after workOFF: Decided to just recover after the weekend. I was disappointed in myself at first since it was the third day in a row I hadn’t done anything, but in the end it was a good decision and Brad and I spent some quality time together instead.
- Tuesday – 7.54 miles with Char (8:37 min/mile); It was really cold (about 29* – that’s COLD for South Carolina!) and I was having trouble breathing because I have a little throat restriction. Sounds weird, but I could breathe fine through my nose and I am not congested and don’t have a sore throat. I can’t barely talk so I sound terrible, but feel fine.
- Wednesday – 5 mile track workout with Greenville Track Club: 1 mile w/u, 1×400, 2×800, 3×400, 1 mile c/d, w/400 m rest intervals
- Thursday – 17.8 miles bike ride (15.0 mph): FIRST EARLY MORNING BIKE RIDE OF THE SEASON!!! Woop!
- Friday – 5:30 a.m. Master’s Swim – 2800 m of awesome swimming! It felt so great to push myself in the pool and be back in that swimming environment with a group.
- Saturday – GHS Centennial 1/2 Marathon! 1:44:21 – New PR! (by 18 seconds). Race report coming soon!
- Sunday – OFF – travel day to Peoria
- Run = 25.64 miles (big week for me lately!)
- Swim = 2800 yds. – YAY!
- Bike = 17.8 miles