Back into the swing of things over the last couple of weeks after two weeks of workouts on the road. I guess tri training is in full effect because the two-a-days are showing up a lot lately! I still feel very sluggish and out of shape on the bike, but I am aiming to get 3+ bike workouts a week from now on and last summer that helped my bike fitness tremendously. Now that the weather is warm enough and there is enough light to ride any day I want, there aren’t many excuses! I just have to figure out a time when I am not travelling/busy on a weekend so that I can get some long rides in!
March 26 – April 1
- Monday – Another two-a-day! 5:15 a.m. spin – 25.4 miles (I wish I could go that far in an hour on the road!) + p.m. Track Workout Alternating 5×400 w/ 5×200. Total: 4.81 miles. 400’s: 1:34, 1:32, 1:32, 1:30, 1:29; 200’s: 0:43, 0:42, 0:42, 0:42, 0:41
- Tuesday – a.m. bike ride w/Char: 16.5 miles
- Wednesday – Early HILLY 7.76 miles w/Char (8:39 min/mile) – we finally ran in the area our new gym. The route was a bit sketchy as we didn’t really know where we were going and we quickly discovered how hilly this area is!
- Thursday – Can anyone say two-a-day?! 5:30 a.m. Master’s Swim: 2800 yards + bike ride w/Jenny & Char 18.5 miles (all before work!)
- Friday –
5 mile runOFF! I thought I would have time to get up and get a run in, but the (nervous) bride called at 7:45 a.m. and wanted to get started on our day of errands, shopping and everything wedding-related! As much as we ran around getting things done, I still felt like I got a pretty good workout for the day!
- Saturday – 6 mile progression run w/Walter
- Sunday – 50 minutes on the bike trainer. We’ll call it 13 miles.
- Run = 18.57 miles
- Swim = 2800 yds.
- Bike = ~73.4 (woohoo! Big week!)
April 2 – 8
- Monday –
5:30 a.m. Master’s Swim(slept in); Speedwork at the track: 6 miles
- Tuesday – Two-a-day repeat from last Thursday: 5:30 a.m. Master’s Swim 2800 yds. + a.m. Bike ride w/Char & Jenny 15.2 miles in 1 hr.
- Wednesday – p.m. Master’s Swim 2250 yds. followed by Mexican food w/swim friends
- Thursday – 9 mile run w/Char (8:39 min/mile) + a.m. Bike ride 17.8 miles (16.1 mph)
- Friday – Insanity with Brad + easy 2 mile run with Walter to make it a 60 min workout total. Insanity is NO JOKE! Brad has been doing it for a week and I told him I would do it with him since I had the day off for Good Friday. I just THOUGHT I was in shape….this was a tough workout!
- Saturday – Insanity w/Brad – wow! Much harder track today! I was sweating like CRAZY! So fun to work out together though!
- Sunday – Run easy 5 miles in Marco Island (8:32 min/mile): Nice and easy run by feel, but definitely got faster as I ran. Love days when I run just for the love of it with no goals for time or distance!
- Run = 22 miles
- Swim = 5,050 yds. (woohoo!)
- Bike = 33 miles