The theme for the first week and a half was definitely sleeping in! I slept through several morning workouts, but (for the most part) was able to make them up later. And I did redeem myself with 3 early morning sweat sessions in a row at the end of the second week. It definitely was a little hectic with the second week being in Peoria for training and not having my normal access to gyms/pools/bikes etc. I am sooo looking forward to having a weekend at home with nothing going on next weekend!
April 9 – 15
- Monday – Insanity in the morning w/Brad before leaving Marco Island. I had plans to hit up the same track workout as last week but I missed my flight and didn’t get home until late Monday night.
- Tuesday –
5:30 a.m. Master’s Swim + morning bike ride w/the girls. Um, I proceeded to sleep in and blow off both of these workouts. Fail! Fortunately I was still able to get the ride in after work w/Jesse and some of the guys. 30 miles (18.4 mph)
- Wednesday – 19 mile bike after work (17.3 mph) + 6:30 p.m. Master’s Swim (make-up from Tuesday!) – 2100 yds.
- Thursday – pre-work 9.17 mile run w/ Char (8:31 min/mile) – I was feeling the rides from the previous 2 days! Dead Legs!
- Friday –
5:30 a.m. Master’s SwimSleeping-in and skipping workouts was kind of a theme this week…
- Saturday – BMW Super Sprint Triathlon (250 m. swim, 10 mile bike, 2 mile run) + 550 m warm-up swim
- Sunday – 5.07 easy miles in the rain when I got to Peoria (8:29 min/mile)
- Run = 16.24 miles
- Swim = 2975 yds.
- Bike = 59 miles
April 16 – 22
- Monday – 45 minute spin after work (15.7 miles)
- Tuesday – Swim after work 2500 yds.
- Wednesday – 5:30 a.m. Body Attack! Finally a morning workout! I felt so much more focused and energized throughout the day after getting a solid sweat session in before work!
- Thursday – 7.5 mile run before work (8:12 min/mile) – Two early morning workouts in a row! I pushed hard on this run to get in as many miles I could before I had to cool down and get ready. This is a solid effort for this distance for me.
- Friday – 5:30 a.m. spin class (19.2 miles). Make that 3 early mornings in a row! Wow, was this a sweat-fest! The floor around my bike was covered in sweat!
- Saturday – OFF – In Lynchburg with the fam and wasn’t able to squeeze anything in.
- Sunday – Run 5.75 miles w/Walter – So glad to get a run in after we got back from Virginia! It was nice after a weekend of doing nothing!
- Run = 13.25 miles (oops! Low week)
- Swim = 2500 yds.
- Bike = 34.9 miles