Happy Tuesday! Not much groundbreaking (or blog worthy) has happened since my 5k on Saturday. We traveled home from Michigan, got upgraded to first class (woohoo Delta frequent flyer!), I ate a ton of sugar and then slept through what should have been a workout yesterday morning.
So today, I bring you 5 (random) things…some running related and some completely not.
- New shoes! Or new Brooks Pure Cadence running shoes, to be exact. I have had my eye on these for a while. I tried them on, did some research, wavered for a while, then finally ordered them a couple of weeks ago. And they came…the day after I left for a week long trip. Fail! I was itching to try them out and finally had the chance last night at our Monday night track workout. Since they are a minimalist shoe (4mm drop), I am transitioning slowly into them and only did my 1 1/2 mile warm-up and 1 mile cool down in them. The verdict so far: I am in love.
- Bachelorette – Yes, I am absolutely one of those people who likes trashy tv and gets into the drama that is the Bachelor/Bachelorette. Last night began Emily Maynard’s season and I so look forward to my date night with Alicia every Monday night to watch! It is as much about spending time with one of my best girlfriends as it is about watching the show. We have very lively commentary through the show and it is a blast!
- Hunger Games – Obviously I am a million years late to this one. I was a huge skeptic of the series and whether I would like a dysterian themed novel. I just kept saying, “It’s not my thing.” Finally, after a friend with similar taste in books recommended it and some co-workers wouldn’t stop talking about it, I jumped on the bandwagon. And oh my goodness, am I hooked! I read the first book in a day last Sunday when I was traveling to IL and have since finished the second and half of the third books.
- Haircut – I am embarrassed to
saythis publish this on the internet, but I haven’t had a haircut since before Thanksgiving. I don’t really have a good reason, other than I am just too lazy to make an appointment and go. I have long, straight, thin hair and I can usually manage without a haircut for a while, but since it just lays there flat with no shape and gets matted up when I ride or run without braiding it, I figure it is about that time. I have an appointment Thursday and most likely 99.9% of the people in my life won’t even be able to tell I cut it afterwards.
- Nuun Discount Code – Last, but absolutely not least, I have a discount code for all of you to use on your next Nuun purchase! You all know how much I love Nuun and I absolutely recommend it to stay hydrated while running, riding, or any other workout (or to mix with vodka as a recovery drink). Use “bloggerslovenuun” to get 15% off of your order online at shop.nuun.com. Also, stay tuned because I will be have a fun Nuun giveaway soon!