It wasn’t really planned, but the first week was kind of a cut-back week after a couple of high volume weeks. I was in IL for work (again!) so I was out of my routine a little. At least I was able to squeeze in something everyday I was there, even if it wasn’t near the volume I have been logging. The second week was great though! Solid week of rides and (finally) a double digit run!
May 7 – 13
- Monday – RPM Spin Class – 50 minutes (19 miles)
- Tuesday – 6 miles Speed Work 6×800 @ 6:32 min/mile pace w/90 sec Rest Intervals – Alisen sent me the speed workout that the rest of the group would be doing so I could do it on my own. I was super proud because this is the fastest I have attempted 800’s ever! (my old pace target was 6:46 min/mile) Repeats: 3:15, 3:16, 3:15, 3:15, 3:14, 3:14
- Wednesday – 5:30 a.m. Body Attack
- Thursday – 7 miles easy before work (8:51 min/mile) – I was sleepy and bored for the first couple of miles, but eventually got on a nice quiet (new to me) road and I just wanted to run forever and not have to turn around. It was really nice to run at an easy pace without pushing myself at all.
- Friday –
5:30 a.m. spin60 min. elliptical – I set the alarm to get up for spin, but somehow didn’t turn it on. I was still able to get an hour in on the elliptical before my flight, but I know spin would have been a much better workout!
- Saturday – 9ish mile run w/5k in middle – 7:57 min/mile avg.
- Sunday – OFF
- Run = 22 miles
- Swim = 0 yds. 😦
- Bike = 19 miles
- Time: 5 hrs. 50 min.
May 14 – 20
- Monday – Speed Work w/Upstate Tri Club – 6.5 miles: 20×200 m w/100 m RI – Alisen had me do the 200’s in 50 seconds, which is essentially just a little faster than 5k pace. There were a lot of them, but the pace was pretty relaxed so they weren’t bad at all!
- Tuesday – a.m. ride w/the girls – 26 miles (16.5 mph). We had intentions of doing a brick but ended up taking a longer bike route so I didn’t have time to run after. It was a good ride, after I figured out that my brake was rubbing for the FIRST 4 MILES! I couldn’t keep up no matter how hard I was riding and finally figured out why when I heard my brake rubbing!
- Wednesday – a.m. run 5.3 miles w/Char (8:33 min/mile) + p.m. Master’s Swim 2900 yds
- Thursday – a.m. ride w/the girls – 17.3 miles (15.4 mph)
- Friday –
5:30 a.m. Master’s SwimOFF. Can’t seem to drag myself out of bed on Friday mornings or motivate myself in the afternoon.
- Saturday – 11 mile run (8:27 min/mile) + stretching, foam rolling, sticking – my new running buddy had car trouble so I was solo on the run. It actually worked out really well because I felt great and paces were faster than planned, with 2 strong final miles! I LOVED being back out there for a “long” run again.
- Sunday – foam rolling and sticking + 35 mile Every Woman community ride (17.2 mph): road with the “B” group as planned. It was a nice, relaxed pace for most of the ride. I had some tightness from Saturday so this was fine, but if I wanted to challenge myself a little more, I would probably ride with the “A” group next time. Great ride overall!
- Run = 22.8 miles
- Swim = 2900 yds.
- Bike = 78 miles
- Time = 8 hours 50 min.