I was out of town for this entire two weeks! And boy was it crazy! While it was tough to get “regular” workouts in, the good news is that I focused more on running and had the highest mileage weeks that I have had since coming out of marathon training. It felt great to run more again, but I definitely have a few twinges and aches that have popped up that I need to be careful of as I continue to ramp up training this summer.
This will most likely be the last two-week workout log that I post. Now that I am unofficially starting training for Beach 2 Battleship, I will post more detailed weekly training recaps.
June 4 – 10
- Monday – EASY 3.75 miles a.m. (9:43 min/mile) + 5:00 p.m. Spin – 45 min (18 miles)
- Tuesday – Speed workout: 12×400’s @ 6:20 w/45 seconds rest; 7 miles – These were tough! Alisen gave me the workout and she loves a short rest interval! 45 seconds isn’t a very long rest. Result: 1:34, 1:36, 1:35, 1:35, 1:35, 1:34, 1:36, 1:35, 1:33, 1:35, 1:34, 1:33
- Wednesday –
5:30 a.m. Body Attack30 min elliptical + weights/abs – unfortunately the Body Attack class was cancelled for the summer and I didn’t check the schedule before waking up early and going to the gym! I still used the time, but I was a little bored.
- Thursday – 7 miles w/4 miles tempo @ 7:30 min/mile: 7:25, 7:27, 7:26, 7:19
- Friday – OFF (looked back and saw that this was first complete day off with no yoga, swimming or anything since May 18th…yikes!)
- Saturday – 11 HILLY miles at the lake (8:24 min/mile)
- Sunday – Open water swim 1600m
- Run = 28.75 miles
- Swim = 1600 m
- Bike = 18 miles
- Time: 6 hours and 15 min
June 11 – 17
- Monday – OFF 😦
- Tuesday – Speed workout: HILLS! – 6 miles w/2 mile w/up, 10 x 1 min hill climb + 5 x 30 sec hill climb, 0.5 mile c/d
- Wednesday – Indoor brick! 45 min spin (15 miles) + 2 mile TM run (8:21 min/mile)
- Thursday – 6 miles tempo w/3 miles @ 7:15 – once again perfect, cool weather! Warmed up for 2 miles in my PureCadence (LOVE THEM!) and then ran 3 tempo miles; 7:13, 7:10, 7:11. I was really hurting by 2.5, but overall loving the faster tempo paces than even 6 months ago!
- Friday – Swim 1900 m at hotel pool. It was a 16 m pool so it felt like I would take a few strokes then have to turn right away. It was 120 lengths to get 1900 m! But I was really glad to make it work on the road.
- Saturday – 3 easy miles – a late night on Friday (not by my choice) kept me from being able to run Saturday morning before our meetings, so I was extremely happy to squeeze something in before dinner. Just doing something always makes me feel good.
- Sunday – 10 miles (8:20 min/mile) – had to get up very early to get this done, but was rewarded with a lovely morning on Lake Shore dr. in Chicago. I felt very, very tired and my legs were heavy so it was a struggle to keep the pace I was aiming for, but so satisfying to push through a tough run and meet my goal.
- Run = 28 miles
- Swim = 1900 m
- Bike = 15 miles
- Time = 5 hrs 10 min.