Happy Friday!! This week flew by, but I couldn’t be happier for the weekend to be at our doorsteps. So many things making me happy these last couple of weeks. Here are a few:
- Nuun Energy. My favorite hydration company launched a new product last week. It is essentially the same electrolyte mix as their Active Hydration product, but enhanced with caffeine (crucial for this non-coffee lover) and B-vitamins. As soon as it was available, I ordered a pack of all three flavors. The Wild Berry is good, similar to the tri berry Active flavor, and the Cherry Limeade and Lemon Lime are both every bit as fantastic (more?) as their Active counter parts. And of course Cherry Limeade is currently my favorite flavor, so I am loving that!
- Boston Accommodations. Okay, okay. This is the LAST and final time I will bring this one up. I mentioned in my weekly recap that I finally booked housing for Boston. I am super excited because not only is it reasonably priced (all relative), but it is an excellent location, just a couple of blocks from the finish line.
- NYC. Tomorrow morning Jenny and I are flying to New York for the half marathon. Jenny is racing it and I am running it as part of a 20-miler with some low-impact cardio tacked on to the end. This is one of 2 really big workouts that mimic the amount of time I will be physically active during the marathon. I am excited and scared all at the same time and glad that I will have the boost of a race for a major portion of the miles. I am also looking forward to seeing tons of friends in NYC and exploring with Jenny and Chanthana. This is the first time I have ever put on a bib for a half marathon and not raced for a PR, but the 3 1/2 hours of total workout time is more than enough to deter me from being tempted to run too fast through the streets of NYC.
- Nieces. Last Saturday, Brad and I went to Peoria (twice in one week for me) to see our Nieces for their birthdays. One was at the end of February (turning 2) and the other is the end of March (turning 4). We weren’t able to make it for the actual day for either so we had a special day with cake, presents, etc. for both with just the two of us (and their parents, of course). We painted nails (including Walter’s), read books and watched Bubble Guppies. What more can you ask for in a sleepover?
- Nuun Socks! Remember when Ernie was sick and I posted a pic of him with a Nuun bottle? I was one of the #Nuunlife contest winners and I won a fun pair of Pro Compression socks! They are my new favorite compression socks and if they are clean, they have been on my feet every day since they arrived.
- Spring! I know everyone loves weather talk, especially this year. But seriously, we have had a couple of realllly nice days here this week (including today). Of course we also had snow on Wednesday and the 10-day forecast isn’t ALL spring-like, but I believe the worst of the cold is finally behind us and warmer days are on the way!
- This. Every time I get out the foam roller lately, this guy backs his butt up and sits just the back half of his body on me.
Good luck to everyone running long and racing this weekend! I will be keeping a close eye on friends in Jacksonville racing the Gate River Run!