Happy Friday Everyone!! Today is a very special day because…
- 5 years! Today is our 5 year wedding anniversary. It is amazing how time flies, yet our wedding day seems like so long ago. We have had a ton of fun and been through many life changes (including 3 moves!) over the last 5 years, but there is very, very little I would change. I only wish I could go back and relive January 16, 2010 all over again because it was a truly incredible day. We watched our wedding video today and it was fun to relive the moments and to remember little things that faded away from our memories over time. And of course to laugh at how we sound on TV. We are celebrating with dinner then drinks tonight at The Publican and The Aviary. Two fancy-schmance places that we both have been wanting to try for a while now.
- The Bachelor. I know, I know. Trash TV. But I love every bit of the producer-instigated, not-real-life, probably-won’t-last minute of it.
- Winter trip. I finally booked flights earlier this week for another quick jaunt out to Keystone for some snowboarding during the last week of January. Brad booked his trip a while ago, but I was holding off to make sure work things wouldn’t interfere. I am not brave enough to try to take the whole week off during these busy times, but I am going for 3 solid snowboarding days. We have some friends from across the country that are planning to be out as well so good times are inevitable.
- Ragnar Florida Keys. Also finally booked flights for this! As my Turks & Caicos tan fades, I am looking forward to running in the warm sunny Keys more and more.
- Clean Jewelry. Over the holidays, my cousin (who also happens to be a brilliant dentist) gave me advice on how to clean my wedding rings and other diamonds. She got married about 18 months ago and her rings are always sparkly clean. The secret is a Sonicare toothbrush and a water/ammonia mixture per this video. I cleaned my rings this week and they sparkle like new! (I tried to take a picture but the iPhone really didn’t do justice to the before and after).
- Live DJ Spin. Jenny posted about this last week. She has been trying to get me to join her for one of these classes since she first started going. Finally my cross training day aligned with the Wednesday evening class and I went. Now I get why Jenny raved about it so much! It was an intense workout that FLEW by. The music was great, the instructor made me want to work harder and I got in a good no-impact sweat session. All around A+.
- “Get Shit Done” Week. This past week has been dedicated to getting a bunch of life things done that I have been putting off because of work craziness. It feels so good to cross things off the list and feel like I have my life under control again. My list included things like getting the oil changed in my car, getting my ice maker fixed, booking flights (see above), calling about missing/stolen packages, scanning and emailing insurance papers, taking dry cleaning, grocery shopping, paying bills…it goes on and on.
- Three Day Weekend. Monday is a holiday for my company and even though Brad has to fly back to Virginia to work, I will thoroughly enjoy an extra weekend day to sleep in and lay on the couch watching Netflix before starting back up again for the week.
Who else has Monday off? Any big plans for the weekend? Have a great one, whether it is 2 days or 3!!